Working Creatively with Young People
1st April, 2021 at 9:30 am
No training workshops are currently scheduled. Please contact Chris Jacob to discuss a bespoke package for your organisation.
- For participants to have an understanding of the underpinning theory and knowledge when working creatively with young people
- To develop participants knowledge and understanding of Play and Play development and its influence on a child’s/ young person’s development
- To explore the use of metaphor and story-telling when working with young people
- For Participants to become familiarised in using creative techniques ( through experiential exercises) and explore how this way of working can be applied to their work with young people
- For participants to deepen their understanding of the impact and challenges of this way of working with young people
- For participants to have fun and get more in touch with their own relationship with Creativity
- Definitions of Creativity and the importance of using Creative approaches when working with young people
- Introduction to Play and Play development (using the EPR -Embodiment. Projective. Role model ) and ways in which we can support a young person’s development through creative exercises
- Introduction to the main principles when ‘ working with metaphor’ with young people
- Introduction to working with ‘stories’ with young people; including ways to facilitate young people to tell their stories and an introduction to the ‘ 6 part story telling’ method
- Experiential creative exercises throughout the course for personal learning of impact and challenges when working creatively
How and when to use Creative approaches in a variety of settings
- Ways forward
N.B. Please note that lunch is not provided for any of the training. Facilities to purchase food are nearby to the venue. There is no car park attached to the building, however, there are several public car parks in the area with a cost attached to them. Access to the building is only available after 9am.
Future Training Dates will be posted here as they are confirmed.