Supporting the Emotional Wellbeing of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Questioning Young People
1st April, 2021 at 9:30 am
No training workshops are currently scheduled. Please contact Chris Jacob to discuss a bespoke package for your organisation.
Aim: To promote and raise awareness about social inclusion, and the mental health and emotional wellbeing needs of LGBTQ+ young people
Participants will gain:
- An awareness of the underpinning concepts relating to gender identity, sexual orientation and discrimination
- Increased awareness of the risk factors impacting on the emotional wellbeing of LGBTQ young people
- A brief overview of research relating to the mental health of LGBTQ+ young people
- Increased awareness of strategies for responding effectively to the mental health needs of LGBTQ+ young people as a practitioner and as a service
- Awareness of additional sources of information for practitioners & resources for working with young people.
42nd Street, The Space