Supporting the Emotional Wellbeing of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Questioning Young People
3rd April, 2018 at 9:30 am
Future Training Dates will be posted here as they are confirmed.
Aim: To promote and raise awareness about the social inclusion and mental health needs of LGBTQ+ young people
Participants will gain:
- An awareness of the underpinning concepts relating to gender identity, sexual orientation and discrimination
- Increased awareness of the risk factors impacting on the emotional wellbeing of LGBTQ young people
- A brief overview of research relating to the mental health of LGBTQ+ young people
- Increased awareness of strategies for responding effectively to the mental health needs of LGBTQ+ young people as a practitioner and as a service
- Awareness of additional sources of information for practitioners & resources for working with young people.
42nd Street, The Space